Sulking at Work..

Filed Under Sad/Angry |

The other day I felt that I was behaving like a kid in the office. I was practically sulking over a matter that I wasn’t happy about. Well, though it was in the office, it wasn’t really about work or else I would behave more professionally.Actually it was something that we volunteer to do but I wasn’t happy to be assigned of something that I was not being consulted or discussed with. And I voiced up to a few persons but didn’t have the chance to bring up to the person in charge. But she found out later on but did nothing.

So when we have to do it, I insisted of not doing what I was assigned (and wouldn’t budge) of and the person-in-charge has to exchange with me at the last minute. And after that, she came to me and told me that they would arrange it again as there were other factors which made her arrangement couldn’t work.Sometimes, I felt that it was difficult for me to voice up what I really felt or unhappy about especially to higher authority or someone that I am unfamiliar with. So I ended up being sulky and unhappy like a spoil kid, but in fact, I am hardly one! Really!

I need to learn more of communication and have higher EQ as I when I am angry or upset or sad, I tend to break down… :(

Comments

8 Responses to “Sulking at Work..”

1. babyfiona on December 12th, 2007 9:34 am

wuah! so early in the morning already sulking in the office ?? What happen? Try to open up while you are at work. If not, if very hard to go on everyday and u will ended up dragging youself to the office.

2. MonkeyWong on December 12th, 2007 2:22 pm

Take it easy, working life is like that, not everything runs according to our way! :P

3. narrowband on December 12th, 2007 3:31 pm

I’ve been in similar situations before but I’ll not let my dissatisfaction go unnoticed. Depending on the seriousness of the case, I may still do it eventually but if it’s something I really dislike doing then I’ll tell them no next time. Firmly!

4. keeyit on December 12th, 2007 5:17 pm

Yeah, I need to learn too

5. Fluffy~ on December 12th, 2007 11:57 pm

babyfiona, That sulk is on Tues’ nite :D Trying to loosen up …

MonkeyWong, u r rite..same applies in our life too.. need to learn to be more flexible..

narrowband, i’ll try to learn that! :) Thanks for advise!

Keeyit, gambateh!

6. 3POINT8 on December 13th, 2007 12:28 am

Hhaha….make use of your cubical! Post some post-it-notes there…
    :P

7. Nick Phillips on December 13th, 2007 9:40 am

We’re only human and sometimes we’ve just got let our emotions out. So sulk all you want until you feel better, k.

8. Abner on December 17th, 2007 10:33 am

There are ups and downs ma. It’s ok.
    But you realized that it was not good and trying to improve yourself then all is well. ;)
    Thanks for visiting too ya!