Is he dead?

Filed Under Sad/Angry |

I saw something disturbing on the way to work this morning. There’s this mother doggie and her little puppy near my outside house recently. The mother doggie is a slim, black dog with little white patches around her neck. The little roly-poly, cute little puppy is brownish in colour, quite small and a little chubby, which makes it looks perfectly adorable!

I was so tempted to pet the puppy every time I passed by but I know better as the mother doggie could be very fierce and protective towards its only little pup. So I could only look from afar… not so far, just a few steps away. The little puppy looked healthy and happy!

But yesterday night, when I passed by again, I noticed the little puppy was lying motionless on the grass and the mother doggie was sniffing the pup’s head and neck. So I assumed it was sleeping, though it was a little too early and my heart was telling me otherwise.

This morning, I saw the mother was guarding nearby while the little puppy was still lying motionless on exact position! :( I think it is not sleeping for 12 hours.. I didn’t dare to take a closer look but I looked at the little chest which was rather still. :(

Is the little puppy dead?

There was no blood or sign of injury on the pup. :(

I just felt sad and the mother doggie must have felt even worse as it is the only pup she has.

Comments

13 Responses to “Is he dead?”

1. 3POINT8 on December 16th, 2007 12:42 am

Ouch… It must be hard on the mommy.
    Reminds me of a mail I read a few months ago
    [http://4-4-4-4.blogspot.com/2007/10/dog-story.html]

2. curryegg on December 17th, 2007 12:18 am

I am sorry to hear it.. sigh… life… this is what we call as life…
    em… :(

3. helen on December 17th, 2007 12:05 pm

Fluffy, thanks for dropping by my blog.

This is so sad seeing the little puppy dead. I cannot tahan all these. On the other hand I told myself NO means NO. I cannot take anymore strays in. I had 4 dogs in my house already. When they bark, they really bark… in harmony. I’m worried my neighbours will go complain. :-P

But then saying is easy. I guess I’ll still take in or the very least feed those strays that come to my house. ;-(

Don’t think too much, Fluffy. Have a great day, OK?

4. bokjae on December 17th, 2007 1:35 pm

Hi fluffy thans for visiting and your comments! Can see you are a soft-hearted and kind person! The world needs more of your kind! Hey drop by to share the Acts of Kindness Day! Cheers!

5. keeyit on December 17th, 2007 2:28 pm

Are you refering to the white and yellowish little doggie near our housing area ? He is so cute!

6. sharlydia on December 17th, 2007 3:35 pm

life & death…happens everyday…more so we should appreciate life & be contented, not taking things for granted…

7. Fluffy~ on December 17th, 2007 10:43 pm

3Point8, yeah, i saw that before.. really very sad..

curryegg, yeah, life could be sad & tough..

Keeyit, it’s a small puppy..

8. Nick Phillips on December 18th, 2007 9:38 am

Sorry to hear about the little puppy. Life is cruel at times …. sigggghhhh

9. huisia on December 18th, 2007 3:48 pm

Oh..gosh..what a poor little puppy there.

10. Forever28 on December 18th, 2007 11:11 pm

I think it just faint because lack of foods. Next time just feed it with some foods you have. Sometime you just eat too much…

11. narrowband on December 19th, 2007 5:24 pm

That’s a very sad entry… I now have no more appetite for dinner :(

Did you take it to the vet?

12. Fluffy~ on December 20th, 2007 5:11 pm

helen, u r like my aunt & mother. they couldnt resist feeding all the stray cats! such a kind heart!

bokjae, thanks bokjae, i will!

sharlydia, u r right, most of the time we take life for granted till it becomes too late!

Nick Phillips, life’s like that. :)

huisia, a very short lived puppy… :(

Forever28, it is gone forever.. :(

narrowband, no, de mummy is guarding it, i didnt dare to go near…

13. mike 62 on April 3rd, 2008 6:50 pm

Huh… Slightly addled, but on the whole I like this post. You’ve got some fresh ideas. But please, write more lucid.