Beauty is a Currency~

Filed Under Stuff_, Beauty |

There is a part of my face which I think is very unimportant, or so I thought. Whenever I look into the mirror or when I see other people face, I never set my eyes on that feature. Which makes me think everyone thought the same.

Apparently not. Many said it is an important feature of the face and shape your whole face. I thought that people only care of the eyes but apparently some people would take extra care of the eyebrow too. Yeah, I mean the
eyebrow! It is just some hairs on top of your eyes, for me at least. I always look at others see, nose or mouth, but never the brows!

But when I read the
Cleo yesterday about the lady who was obsessed about her brow, I got up and took my tweezer and started to work on it! Yes, I plucked away the unkept hairs that is out of place. And I plucked and plucked. It is painful! But hmm.. Paris Hilton said :“You don’t have to be an heiress to look like one – if you act like one, then everyone will just presume you are one!”

Nah
, I am not really that vain actually, just a little bored on Saturday night. And I like this lines very much too (extracted from Cleo ) :
We live in a capitalist society and beauty has become a kind of currency. But not everyone has the same currency to work with, because not everyone is born with the same level of beauty! You can’t blame people for wanting to master beauty technologies, because we live in a culture that is narcissistic and self-obsessed.” Quoted by Dr Susan Hopkins, sociology lecturer at University of Queensland.
So, what’s your currency?

2007-02-06.gif

Comments

11 Responses to “Beauty is a Currency~”

1. SWei on December 10th, 2007 2:37 pm

hey wow, loving your site. :) thnx for dropping by my site. hahah. noticed it just now. anyway, i’ve never known eyebrow is THAT important. but i guess u are right. a pair of neatly plucked eyebrows do help in improving your look in general. Though always remember to NOT over pluck them. hahah, you’ll scare the daylights off everyone then but yet again, there’s always this thing called tatooing your eyebrows. HAHAH.

ps: i so agree with paris hilton’s quote. act confident and u’ll be. :)

oh and i don’t know what is my currency. MUSIC i guess. :D

2. Fluffy~ on December 10th, 2007 9:31 pm

Swei, I think tattoinig looks too fake. well at least at the moment i tot so, maybe someday i might do it too :D
    Thanks for coming! ;)

3. 3POINT8 on December 11th, 2007 12:16 am

Agreed…Beauty is everything.
    Hey, for i know, I might die for a pretty girl…
    =D

4. Alistair on December 11th, 2007 9:12 am

Hey, beauty is all worth it!

5. Alistair on December 11th, 2007 9:20 am

LOL

6. narrowband on December 11th, 2007 10:29 am

Come to think of it, I don’t know what’s my currency. Maybe my humour. Ah wait, that’s not visible is it? Inner beauty? I think for many, the good ol’ Ringgit (better yet, Euros) is still the preferred currency.

7. Grace on December 11th, 2007 12:23 pm

Just like you, I do not think it is important and so I never really “disturb” my eyebrow. Have only got it plucked once by a beautician. After that, it grew back again and I have not touched it ever since. You can label me lazy. I think once you start the plucking going, you got to continue, making sure it’s on tip-top condition from time to time.

8. huisia on December 11th, 2007 4:11 pm

i never pluck mine, that’s why i have very messy eyebrow there

9. Fluffy~ on December 11th, 2007 9:56 pm

3POINT8!! ahhh.. wat if ur pretty girl becomes old and not so pretty jor??howw???

Alistair, yeah, everyone also wanna be pretty!

narrowband, pound better ler!

Grace, i only plucked when i am in the mood :D

huisia , i think everyone falls in 2 category.. 1st those who really take care of their brow . 2nd..those who dun give a damn :D

10. cotton-candy on December 12th, 2007 7:34 am

ooh, thanks for dropping by my site! i didn’t start plucking my eyebrows until i started uni this year. lol. and trust me plucking eyebrows makes such a difference to your look - it made me look less droopy/sleepy. hahahah!!! xD

11. Fluffy~ on December 12th, 2007 11:55 pm

Cotton Candy, yeah… it isn’t easy to be pretty.. :D

Templates Browser

Things to remember when getting an admission to the training school

Training schools and colleges worth a lot as they provide all the various kinds of training ns material that professional need in order to get ahead of their profession ad contribute at their best. In Australia, people can surely find lots of schools and colleges that offer high quality training options for the students as well as for the professional who looking to enhance their skill for better capabilities.

There are courses like Diploma of Community Services, Certificate III in Information Digital Media and Technology, Diploma of Work Health and Safety, Certificate II in Business and Retail Management Courses as well as the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management and Aged Care Training schools offering professional diplomas and courses that offer higher level training.

There are many things that you must be keeping mind in order to help yourself getting things better and get the training you need, but the most important things you should never forget are:

You should never enroll or opt to enroll in courses which are wide apart as you will be stuck nowhere and may have to manage things that you are not familiar with. In case if you are likely to get more courses you may consider to have enrolled in courses that you like the most, you should consider having the ones which are related or have similar content in them as well as same level and area of training.

As for example if you are going to attend the Business Management Courses, you should be aware that instead of aged care course you must be looking forward to get to the Diploma Of Business Management.

Further you should know that if you have to get to the top level courses you should not hesitate to enroll in the preliminary courses as they would help you learn things better.

Link

Millennium Education Development - Ways to Reach

Dr Tooley: his conclusion on personal education and entrepreneurshipProfessor James

Institutional Reform In the Higher Education Sector of Mozambique and Ethical Affairs

The need to eliminate poverty through increased literacyOne of the main goals expressed

Get in touch!