Every time I was on my holiday or get a chance to travel to somewhere new, I never fails to bring back souvenirs for my families and friends.

I always buy something for my family, even though we can get it back home.  Perhaps I learn it from my mother. She always brings back a lot of stuffs for us when she travels and it makes us feel happy. It makes me feel happy to buy some gift for them too, to see them happy to receive it.Nevertheless, I also buy souvenirs for my friends.

There are many people to buy for; my hometown/childhood friends, my housemates, some of my ex-coursemates and my current colleagues and even some of the ex-colleagues. So, they are many people that I have to buy for but I am doing this willingly as I want them to be remembered when I am away and most importantly, I want to make them happy.

Most of the time, I try to buy some food stuffs and snacks for them to try to. So, overall, I would have spent quite much on souvenirs and gifts and not to mention, carry all of them back!Finding a souvenir is not easy, as sometimes you do not know what they like or sometimes it is just too expensive to be afforded.Sometimes I just get something simple, like a nice keychain or a magnet for friends. Or something more special for closer friends, like perfume or T-shirts or even a crystal bracelet.

But it is disappointing when the respond that I got was “That’s all only arr?” when I give them the souvenirs.

One can at least say thank you for the souvenirs that has been given instead of such sneer and unappreciative remark.Just keep in mind that it is not their obligation to get you something while they are on away, and they probably have spent much more than they should.

DAfter all, it’s the thought that counts.

Comments

6 Responses to “It’s the Thought that Counts~”

1. clement on February 19th, 2008 12:09 am

i usually get them food, the most it’ll go is down toilet… ha ha, anyway, thanks for dropping by my blog.. :)

2. Grace on February 19th, 2008 10:32 am

Yup, I try to get souvenirs back too whenever I go travelling. Haven’t encounter anyone giving me unappreciative remark but if I come across one, I’ll definitely not give him/her any souvenirs the next time around! :P

3. Fluffy~ on February 27th, 2008 8:50 pm

clement, de food must be bad :D

grace, hahahah good for u.. i’ll learn that! no more souvenir for her in the future!!

4. clive on September 30th, 2008 9:47 am

get a right souvenir and separate it to friends is a tiring job…

5. shionge on September 30th, 2008 2:49 pm

You are so right I always buy something for friends & colleagues and it is really the thoughts that count.

6. annant on October 1st, 2008 12:42 am

em…normally i’ll buy local specialties as souvenirs…
    so far, i bought salak fruits, belacan and salted fish back home :D

Templates Browser

Things to remember when getting an admission to the training school

Training schools and colleges worth a lot as they provide all the various kinds of training ns material that professional need in order to get ahead of their profession ad contribute at their best. In Australia, people can surely find lots of schools and colleges that offer high quality training options for the students as well as for the professional who looking to enhance their skill for better capabilities.

There are courses like Diploma of Community Services, Certificate III in Information Digital Media and Technology, Diploma of Work Health and Safety, Certificate II in Business and Retail Management Courses as well as the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management and Aged Care Training schools offering professional diplomas and courses that offer higher level training.

There are many things that you must be keeping mind in order to help yourself getting things better and get the training you need, but the most important things you should never forget are:

You should never enroll or opt to enroll in courses which are wide apart as you will be stuck nowhere and may have to manage things that you are not familiar with. In case if you are likely to get more courses you may consider to have enrolled in courses that you like the most, you should consider having the ones which are related or have similar content in them as well as same level and area of training.

As for example if you are going to attend the Business Management Courses, you should be aware that instead of aged care course you must be looking forward to get to the Diploma Of Business Management.

Further you should know that if you have to get to the top level courses you should not hesitate to enroll in the preliminary courses as they would help you learn things better.

The Global Education Responsibility to Achieve the Development Agenda After 2015

The Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) are undoubtedly successful in strengthening

Importance of the DR-CAFTA Extended Training Agenda

KUTAA MFUOIn September 2000, member states of the United Nations received the Millennium

Institutional Reform In the Higher Education Sector of Mozambique and Ethical Affairs

The need to eliminate poverty through increased literacyOne of the main goals expressed

Earnings About the Online Academy Training: Articles on the Decline in Public Education

Deception is defined by Dictionary of Webster as a false belief on independence or

Challenges and opportunities in the International Higher Education Agreement

The World Bank World Bank Report of 1991 made a very interesting investigation that

Challenges and opportunities in the International Higher Education Agreement